The concept of Kater evolved from one simple problem: It doesn’t make sense for me to be driving my car right now – so why am I?
Kater is evolving the way you think about commuting. Whoever said private drivers were only for the rich and famous was wrong.
Kater is a technology that connects individuals to quality, pre-screened and peer-reviewed independent personal drivers. Whether you’re planning an evening out on the town, need backseat time to catch-up on emails, or simply need someone to run your errands, Kater connects you with trusted and professional drivers so you can free up your time to focus on what matters to you.
Book with Ease
Select the date and time you want your professional certified driver to drive you in your car.
After completing the booking process, Kater will confirm your booking.
Meet Your Driver
An experienced, professional driver will arrive at your pickup location at the selected time.
Experience life with Kater
Was this article helpful?
Book Your Kater Experience
To book your Kater experience visit the book now section on the Kater website or call 604-501-6999 and our client care team will be happy to assist you.
We will be launching our Android & iOS app in Feb 2016. Once the app is launched all bookings and communication will be done via the app.
Drivers will request proof of insurance from you, for each vehicle that you need driven. The driver will provide driving services for you, only if you maintain adequate automobile liability insurance that protects third parties.
Accident or Emergency
In the case of an accident or emergency, the local emergency department must be contacted. If it is a non-emergency accident, contact Kater Customer Service. If the vehicle has valid third party insurance, the costs of any damages will be paid by the insurance.
Do More With Kater
If you would like your driver to run an errand for you, this must be specified at the time of booking. The driver can then review the errand and accept or decline the trip accordingly. If the driver agrees to the errand by accepting the trip and later declines please contact Kater Customer Service.
If you request the errand whilst the trip is in progress, the driver is not obligated to fulfill the request.
Select Your Driver
If you have a preferred driver, please let us know at the time of booking and we will try our best to accommodate your request. If the driver is not available we will contact you prior to booking an alternative driver.
ABOUT THE TRIP
All drivers are encouraged to leave the condition of the vehicle as it was when they first entered. If you have complaints regarding the condition and cleanliness of your vehicle after the trip please contact Kater Customer Service.
If your vehicle is damaged whilst the driver was driving the car, please contact Kater Customer Service.
Please take pictures of the damages in question.
To change the date, time or location of a scheduled trip please contact us. Do not contact the driver directly for these changes. However, if the trip is in progress you can communicate directly with your driver.
For other information regarding your trip you can contact the driver directly, once you have received the drivers contact details.
If the driver forgot something in your vehicle please contact Kater Customer Service, we will exchange contact details between you and the driver so that you can directly find a solution/pick up time that works for both of you.
The hourly rate is $25 an hour.
Trips are charged hourly and must start and finish in the same location. Please note there is a 2 hour minimum booking time.
Kater gives customers the opportunity to extend bookings for up to 3 hours past the end-time of the booking. After a 10 minute grace period, cost to extend the scheduled booking is based on a charge of $5.80 for every 10 minutes beyond the booking time, or $35 per hour. All charges will be rounded up to the nearest 10 minute increment.
At this time we are unable to split the fare for your ride. The credit card used at the time of booking will be charged at the end of the trip. Our app, which is coming soon, will allow you to split the cost of the ride between those in your party.
All Kater trips are cashless; your fare is automatically charged to your credit card collected at the time of booking.
Pay by Visa, MasterCard or American Express
All Kater trips are cashless; you are not required to tip the driver.
If you need to cancel a trip please contact Kater Customer Service. There is no cancellation fee if more than 2 hours notice is provided. If you cancel within 2 hours of your scheduled pick up time or if you are a no-show, there is a $50 fee to cover the cost of booking the drivers time.
If you no longer want the driver to drive you back to your pick-up location, you will be charged an additional $50 to compensate for the driver’s efforts to get back to the original pick-up location.
Once a trip is in progress it cannot be cancelled, you will be charged for the time that has been scheduled.
If you extend your booking time you will be charged $35 an hour.
If the driver is unable to contact you and you have not extended your booking time, the driver will wait up to 3 hours at the extended rate to ensure the safety of your vehicle. Beyond this time, the driver has the right to leave the car at its parked location. You will be charged an additional $50 to compensate for the driver’s efforts to return to the original pick-up location.
Partner with Kater and earn $20+ per hour. Experience the perks of getting paid weekly to drive a community of car owners who are seeking a personal driver.
- As an experienced, pre-screened driver, Kater connects you with a network of passengers who trust you with the keys to their own vehicles. This means the cost of gas and other operational expenses never falls on your shoulders.
- Don’t confine your earning potential to 9 to 5. You can book trips that make sense for your lifestyle
- Never be at the mercy of being at the right place at the right time, having your trips pre-booked ensures you work and make more money when you are scheduled to do so.
In the case of an accident or emergency, the local emergency department must be contacted. If it is a non-emergency accident, contact Kater Customer Service.
If you have a personal emergency and need to cancel a shift that you have previously accepted please contact Kater Customer Service.
Each passenger requires a seatbelt; take only the number of passengers the vehicle accommodates for. If a client requests that you exceed the legal limit of passengers the vehicle can transport, please decline and notify the client that you are unable to meet that request.
Change The Way You Think About Commuting And Encourage Others To Do The Same.
Spread the word about Kater and give a $25 credit to a new customer whilst earning $25 for each referral, for yourself.
We are always looking for new partners. Refer a new driver to partner with Kater and earn $50.
To start referring or to learn more please contact Kater Customer Service.
* Please note this referral program is for drivers only. Your referred driver must apply to partner with Kater, pass both their background check and interview, and complete their first booking prior to you earning your $50 referral fee.
When the booking is confirmed you should text the client your contact information. The client can then contact you prior to the trip if needed.
You should also contact the customer if you encounter an unexpected delay on the way to pick up the client.
If you have arrived at the pick-up location and do not see the client, call the customer to make sure they are aware of your arrival.
Forgot something in the car:
You may contact the client so that you can directly find a solution/pick up time that works for both of you. If you no longer have the contact information of the client, please contact Kater Customer Service.
Here are some tips to get the most out of the Kater service and ensure everyone using the service has an awesome experience.
- Don’t break the law, be safe.
- Be generous with ratings. Provide your customer with honest and respectful
- Have fun, whilst being safe and professional. Enjoy the ride!
- Share the Kater experience with everyone. Let’s expand this community, the bigger it gets the more beneficial it is for everyone.
- Be reliable and punctual. Being on time is very important, if you’re late you get off to a bad start and your ratings may suffer. If being late cannot be prevented, communicate with your client and let them know.
- Always have your driver’s license with you; you never know when you need it.
- Kater is 100% cashless never request or accept cash.
- Check the vehicle you will be driving has valid insurance documents.
- Make sure you and the clients are wearing seat belts.
- Look the part, dress professionally.
- Thoroughly check the vehicle you will be driving and make sure it is safe to drive. (signals work, lights work, check for leaks, check tires etc…). Check the dashboard is clear of warnings.
If at any time you feel threatened by a client please exit the vehicle and make your way back safely to the pickup location. Contact Kater customer service to report the situation.
Meet and Greet Service – If requested by the client, you can wait for the client inside the terminal in the arrival area, holding a sign with the clients name on it would be helpful.
If you are picking up your client from the airport, get their flight information to ensure you arrive on time for their pick-up. If the flight is delayed, you should try your very best to pick up your customer. If you’re not able to provide driving services at the new time please contact Kater Customer Service.
- Make sure you confirm which airport and terminal you are dropping the passenger off at.
- Drop the client off in the front, you may temporarily stop on YVR’s curbs to pick up and drop off passengers but only for 15 minutes.
- After you have dropped the client off, drive back to the pickup location and drop the keys as instructed by the client.